by admin ·
Joao Abecasis of Nokia’s Qt mailing list suggested that the current system of training of new releases.
As soon released a new major version Qt 5, he believes that now is a good time to consider the plan next release version of Qt.
Joao has to go for a fixed time-release cycle releases:
- every 6 months – a minor release (5.x);
- every 2 months – Release Adjustment (5.xx).
In addition, it is proposed to restructure repository git-Qt, creating in it the following branches:
- Fire hose - the main branch for the development of Qt. It is intended to develop a minor release, allows the addition of new features and bug fixes.
- Leaky faucet - a branch to develop corrective releases, only allows error correction of the current minor release.
- Dripping bucket - a branch for the release are made only to fix critical bugs.