by admin ·
March 27, according to the plan, took issue desktop environment GNOME 3.8. Attention users are offered new applications, features, and lots of small improvements and bug fixes.
Key changes in the environment:
- As a replacement fallback mode added classical regime to return to familiar experiences with fans of GNOME 2.
- Search in GNOME Shell now displays the results grouped by application.
- Activities Overview: added the ability to run your favorite applications and more efficient use of space when placing windows. When you start the application while holding the CTRL will not close Activities Overview.
- Notifications : Added keyboard shortcuts to display the system tray (Super + M) and the disclosure notice in focus (Super + N), and the possibility of fine- tuning in notifications of applications.
- Online Accounts : added integration services OwnCloud, and the ability to connect third-party IMAP and SMTP mail servers.
- Settings : Added notification settings, privacy, search, and share data, as well as changes in the interface prior.
- When you first start up the user environment will now meet the master preset . (more…)