by admin ·
November 1, went planned release of a free operating system OpenBSD version 5.2.
A brief overview of the major changes:
- Replacing User-level threads pthreads on nuclear rthreads thread with full utilization of all cores on multiprocessor systems.
- Support for hibernation (hibernation aka suspend-to-disk) on i386-devices.
- Nginx and SQLite added to the base system.
- Performance improvements 10Gbit network cards.
- Increased the default size of the initial window of TCP connections (draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd).
- IPv6 support in almost all network programs base system.
- Improvements in OpenSMTPD – future replacement Sendmail.
- Various improvements to the packet filter pf.
- SSLv2 is excluded from the library OpenSSL.
- OpenSSH 6.1.
- Support R4k R10k families of processors and SGI platforms.
- Go programming language has been added to the ports collection.
- New song Aquarela do Linux! problems Linux distro-centrism.
And much, much more …
A full list of changes and bundled with the program is available on the page of the project.