by admin ·
Nine months after the release of the previous version we were again pleased with the development team of the terminal multiplexer tmux, the powerful tool for system administrators and ordinary users who value ease of use in the console. Among the innovations highlighted the following:
- Ability to split the string configuration file into several by placing the symbol “\” at the end of each part.
- New option status-position to move the information bar at the top or bottom of the window.
- As with panels, windows now have a unique id. For differentiation of the concepts come to them indicates the symbol “@”.
- Ability to preset the default directory: ~ for the home directory. - For the working directory of the server – for the initial directory for the session and “” (empty string) to the window of the working directory (the default).
- A new option-l for send-keys, the entered data is not broadcast.
- New team move-pane (works as join-pane, and also for the same window).
- New ways to format the display-message.
- New team choose-tree to display sessions and windows in a tree.
- Team kill-window, detach-client and kill-session got the key «-a» to complete all the tasks, meetings, etc., but current.
- find-window automatically go on to found the appropriate box, and learns new option «-C», «-N», «-T» to search by content, name or title.
- New options for formatting and output limitation for windows.
- And much more, including the traditional error correction and removal of memory leaks.