Release distribution OpenELEC 2.0
by admin ·
OpenELEC – embedded distro Linux, with which you can turn your computer into a full-featured home theater. The basis of the distribution – media center XBMC. Distribution is characterized by high speed downloading (only about ten seconds until cooked), a fully automatic system updates (if you have access to a global network), an elementary unit (takes about five minutes and does not require any knowledge on any Linux), a rich system add-ons to extend the functionality, automatic search and connecting local and external drives, as well as the complete “izkorobochnoy” support different remote control (infrared or bluetooth), file sharing (through Samba) and the torrent (via Transmission).
Innovation OpenELEC 2.0:
- XBMC-11.0 (Eden).
- Support PVR (different firmware and drivers, see below).
- Improved support for AMD XVBA.
- Automatic creation of log files.
- Automatic recognition of the framebuffer.
- Native support for sharing via NFS, AFP, CIFS and SSH.
- Adapters support CEC.
- Support for Airplay and Airtunes.
- Support for more equipment (see below).
Features OpenELEC 2.0:
- Size of 93-165 MB, depending on the number of drivers.
- Minimum hardware requirements.
- Optimized builds for:
- Processor Intel (Core 2 Duo or higher).
- Systems AMD Fusion (AMD Exxx).
- Systems Nvidia ION (Intel Atom + GPU Nvidia).
- General systems with modern and outdated graphics.
- Apple TV1.
- Xtreamer Ultra half.
- XBMC 11 (Eden) with support for PVR.
- Simple configuration with additions OpenELEC-settings for XBMC.
- Plug-n-Play for external storage.
- Updated system components:
- Kernel 3.2.31
- Xorg-server 1.12.4
- Mesa 8.0.4
- Connman 1.7
- Busybox 1.20.2
- Systemd 194 (only udev)
- ALSA 1.0.26
- Support PVR (DVB-T/C/S/S2):
- VDR (XVDR, VNSI)
- Njoy N7
- VU +
- Remote control:
- HID device
- LIRC device and RC-core: MCEUSB, ATI/X10, ENE eHome Receiver, SoundGraph iMON Receiver, Fintek Consumer Infrared Transceiver, RedRat3 IR Transceiver, etc.
- FLIRC Infrared Transceiver
- PulseEight CEC
- Supports keyboard, mouse, WiiMote, PS3
- Support SPDIF, HDMI and analog audio.
- Support for hardware video decoding:
- Decoder Broadcom CrystalHD Video.
- VAAPI support for Intel.
- XVBA support for AMD.
- VDPAU support for Nvidia.
- Network support: Airplay, Airtunes, UPNP / DLNA, Zeroconf (Avahi), SSH server and Samba.
- Support for network boot: PXE, NBD, iSCSI.
- Local FS: EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, FAT32, NTFS, HFS, HFS +, JFS, XFS and ReiserFS.
- PS Network: AFP, NFS, SAMBA, iSCSI, SSHFS.
- Support for optical discs and images: Bluray, DVD, CDDA.