Plasma Active 3
by admin ·
October 15, 2012, a new release of Plasma Active – GUI for handheld devices. Plasma Active is focused on touch screen with a diagonal of which is optimal for tablets. The main objectives of the project – regardless of the specific hardware platform and easy to use, which should bring productivity to a new level.
- Files – the new default file manager. A distinctive feature – This program is not based on the concept of folders / directories, and a semantic search, which provides the service of Nepomuk.
- Calligra Active – office suite of applications intended to ensure the best possible integration and increased productivity of team development.
- Performance KDE developers have made every effort to make this release possible more productive. The interface has also been changed to give the latter the most intuitive and responsive species.
- Integration with Mer Mer – an open fork of the project developing MeeGo, based on kernel linux.
- Improved text input method Thanks Frameworks Maliit in Plasma Active keyboard appears very similar to that used in the Nokia N9.
The plans of the project is to support the widest possible range of devices, increased use of the opportunities Qt5 and further development of open technologies for portable devices.