GNU Coreutils 8.20
by admin ·
Jim Meyering (Jim Meyering) has announced a new version of GNU Coreutils. The output of this version is mainly due to various bug fixes. Although there have been made some improvements.
- New features:
- in dd has a new option ‘status = none’, overwhelming all the information output;
- md5sum now accept option ‘- tag’ to display the style BSD c GNU-shielding of the file names.
- cp have previously read from freed memory and even make the damaged copy. This could occur when working with a highly fragmented sparse file systems GNU / Linux. Error can also occur in programs MV , install (bug introduced in version coreutils-8.11);
- cp – no-preserve = mode no longer retains the rights of the original file, and correctly establishing rules for 0666 & ~ umask;
- du will not print messages in the spirit of «disk-corrupted», when he meets looped directory that resulted from the mount with the option to bind. Now du determines exactly what happened, according to this and leaves a nonzero exit;
- factor (using gmp ) incorrectly announced some composite numbers simple. For example, 465658903, 2242724851, 6635692801 and many others. Correction made the work of the program is 8 times slower in the worst cases (bug introduced in coreutils-7.0);
- ls now correctly paints dangling symlinks when the output directory containing them, and painting orphaned links disabled in LS_COLORS (bug introduced in coreutils-8.14);
- rm-i-d now ask the user before deleting empty directory, instead of falling off the error message «is a directory» (bug introduced in version 8.19, along with adding the option-d);
- RM-R S / (where S – symbolic link to) no longer gives incorrect diagnostic «Too many levels of symbolic links» (bug introduced in coreutils-8.6);
- seq now supports any non-negative integers, where the format is not specified, and the increment is one. Previously, for example, b = 100000000000000000000; seq $ b $ b could lead to an infinite loop (the error was from the beginning).
- Changes in behavior:
- nproc now Diagnoses with an error, non command line parameters option.
- rewritten program core factor , so that it now works pretty fast and can work with numbers up to 2 ^ 128, even without GMP.For some time, large numbers of dropped 10,000 times. In addition, the new code uses a deterministic algorithm for each prime factor, and not just a probability test;
- seq now works much faster for non-negative integers, where the growth rate is equal to one, and the formatting option is not specified;
- stat and tail are now aware of the file system ZFS, VZFS and VMHGFS. F-stat – format =% T now says the file system type; tail-F now uses inotify when working with ZFS and VZFS.