Xen 4.2 release
by admin ·
Took issue free hypervisor Xen 4.2.0. The new version – the result of eighteen months of development and 2900 commits, components, in total, more than three hundred thousand lines of code.
- Defaulted tools now is XL, which replaced xend. It is based on a library of libxl, providing a stable API for XL functions in third party applications. XL is backward compatible with the configuration files xend. Xend itself deprecated.
- Now Xen can run on systems with up to 4095 processors host up to 512 processors on the PV-guest and up to 256 processors on the HVM-guest. The toolbox added the ability to automatically create CPUPOOL for NUMA nodes and more “intelligent” distribution of virtual CPU nodes on NUMA.
- In sub XSM / Flask made numerous improvements, also introduced support for the regime Intel SMEP for DEP hypervisor memory pages from user space.
- Added support for network boot the guest from the boot Xenpvnetboot.
- Improved performance, in particular, support for technology and AMD SVM DecodeAssist modified scheduler.
Also worth noting is that, starting from the branch 4.2, the code for the operation of the project passed to Dom0 QEMU. A similar transfer of the code is also made for projects and SeaBIOS Tianocore / OVMF (UEFI BIOS).
You can download the new version here .