The first stable release of the multimedia framework GStreamer 1.0
by admin ·
GStreamer project represents the first stable release of the GStreamer multimedia framework with a stable API and ABI.
1.x branch – a stable branch, aimed at the end user. Its API and ABI compatible with those of the branches 0.10.h, but, if necessary, the two branches can be installed and used in parallel.
Major news and improvements:
- More flexible use of memory.
- Extensible and consistent binding system metadata to buffers.
- Increased efficiency of buffering small objects.
- Automatic dispatch in state of dynamic flux.
- Improved systems to capture video and audio.
- Improved handling of timestamps.
- Added support for language bindings based on GObject-Introspection.
- Many improvements in terms of performance and load on hardware resources.
- Components added interaction with the hardware-accelerated video encoding and decoding, while only at the primary level.
- Other minor improvements and optimization.
Most of the improvements are aimed at API plugin GStreamer. API application has not changed, so do not be difficult to port applications to new branch GStreamer. Available for developers guide to port.