SystemRescueCD 3.0.0 release
by admin ·
Held a major release LiveCD-distribution based on Gentoo Linux, and designed to work with the system recovery after a crash. Distribution uses Xfce as a DE.
The innovations of the third version:
- Support for loading additional SRM-modules (System Rescue Modules).
- Support for booting systems with UEFI-media CD-ROM on the x86-64 architecture, using Grub-2.00 (efi.img).
- The standard kernel has been updated to LTS version 3.2.28 (rescuecd + rescue64).
- Alternate kernel has been updated to LTS version 3.4.9 (altker32 + altker64).
- Kernel rescuecd was renamed rescue32 for greater consistency.
- isolinux is configured to automatically use the 64-bit kernel, if it allows the processor.
- Automatically uses the 64-bit versions of the utilities and fsarchiver memtester, permitting the processor.
- Reorganized and updated help information and configuration isolinux.
- Added net-misc/pssh-2.2.1 (parallelized version utilities openssh).
- Added open-vm-tools (public utilities for guests VMware).
- Updated e2fsprogs to version 1.42.5, GParted to 0.13.1, partclone to 0.2.5.0.
Download the latest version can SourceForge .