Gnomebuntu – Official Build Ubuntu with GNOME environment
by admin ·
Gnomebuntu - is the name chosen for the new Ubuntu developers an official derivative distribution c desktop Gnome.
Issue is a edition with a clean installation of Gnome, which combines a number of components of Ubuntu. Release date is scheduled, as well as for other distributions from the family of Ubuntu (Xubuntu, Edubuntu, Lubuntu, etc.), on October 18 of this year.
What will be included
The Nautilus file manager will be the same version as in Ubuntu. Recall that the Ubuntu developers have refused to move to version 3.6 at 12.10, but instead were asked to leave the old 3.4, which still contains the deleted data.
Desktop environment by default GNOME-Shell, and instead of a display manager LightDM will use native GDM.
Other changes discussed:
- Epiphany can be a Web browser by default;
- Abiword can be included instead of LibreOffice;
- Ubuntu One will not default;
- will include GNOME Classic (compatible with indicator-applet Ubuntu);
- Rhythmbox music player will default;
- Center Updater application and can be removed;
- application «Documents» will not be included, since curled from LibreOffice.