Released Zenoss Core 4
by admin ·
The release of Zenoss Monitoring System Version 4 (technically, it’s version 4.2.0). Zenoss – a system designed to collect information about events and statistics from the servers on the protocols SNMP, SSH, syslog, and others, supported by the modules. The system allows you to configure notifications upon the occurrence of various events, to consolidate logs from multiple servers, there are server configuration management, profiling and collecting information about equipment, including automatic mode.
The functionality of Zenoss Core can be extended using modules called ZenPack. There are ready to build distributions CentOS and Red Hat.
Among the key changes appear:
- The transition to the new framework messages RabbitMQ .
- Significant improvements in the system event, which allows to handle more than 100 million events per day.
- Using the latest version of the framework ExtJS interface.
- Support for REST API.
- Support for asynchronous notification of SNMPv3.
- The possibility of monitoring devices over IPv6.
- The new system requirements, including Python 2.7 and MySQL 5.5.25 or higher.
- Many improvements in the performance of the underlying technologies, such as a new storage engine events for snmp polling engine, etc.
Full text of the amendments can be found here .