Release AntiX 12
by admin ·
Out AntiX 12 – a new release based on Debian testing branch distribution, effectively running on outdated hardware.
Desktop environment AntiX based on window manager IceWM, desktop ROX Desktop and file manager SpaceFM.
As an alternative window manager provides the ability to activate Fluxbox, JWM, wmii and dwm. In the distribution used by the kernel Linux 3.5, configured to load on systems with processors PI and AMD K5/K6. In antiX now has its own repository.
From within the application suite include:
- 10 Iceweasel (Firefox);
- Claws mail;
- MPlayer and GNOME MPlayer;
- configurators gppp;
- umt-panel2 (GPRS/UMTS/3G) and ceni.
There are three variants of loading :
- Full – the user has the choice between five window managers;
- Base – the window managers Fluxbox, JWM, wmii and dwm;
- Core – without X-s, there is only an installer CLI.