Out pf-kernel patchset for Linux v3.5
by admin ·
With a small delay in a new version patchseta pf-kernel for the Linux kernel version 3.5.
For those who do not know: pf-kernel – it is a useful set of patches for the kernel to improve the responsiveness of the working environment, also adds some useful things, such as third-party subsystem hibernation.
In this release:
- added a mechanism for automatic association of identical memory pages UKSM , allowing you to save RAM when running multiple copies of the same programs or heavyweights such as Firefox (it has saved me personally about 300 MB);
- added an alternative mechanism for load balancing BLD for the process scheduler CFS (I emphasize that this is not a new process scheduler);
- removed LinuxIMQ, because I personally do not use it, and new releases do not let fellow developers;
- removed l7-filter, since it is not able to get it to work with new kernels and patches from the developers do not have;
- Now all the patches signed my key .
In 3.5.1-pf NO-ck and BFS, as they are not general for branch 3.5 (Kolivas got a job and has reduced its activities as developer of the kernel). BLD is a temporary solution.
A well-known problem: I have not worked TuxOnIce, although it continues past few versions. Nigel Cunningham is working on this.
Most requested: BLD try to unsubscribe and impressions.