New editor – Enki
by admin ·
In recent years the practice was not uncommon when the ACT developers announced plans to organize a new project only if the financial support from the users. Frequent are also cases where it would seem a promising project, labored prealfoy, returned to the underworld.
The creators of a new text editor, as Enki chose a different path. Work on being an editor in the fall of 2011, but only 10 August 2012 the developers submitted to the public a finished product.
The editor is implemented in the programming language Python, the interface tool used PyQt.
A set of functions:
- Syntax highlighting for more than 30 programming languages
- Powerful search and replace text
- File Manager
- Completion based on the text content
- Support for MIT Scheme REPL
- File open dialog with the addition of a file name by pressing Tab and using globbinga (like Bash)
- Preview of HTML and Markdown
Also features editor can be extended with add-ons that are implemented in the programming language Python.
The source code licensed under GPLv2. The site contains packages for operating systems, Ubuntu and Debian.
The developers are open to feedback, new suggestions, criticism, bug reports.