Amarok 2.6 released
by admin ·
The development team music player Amarok is pleased to announce the new version – 2.6, the development of which was conducted last 7 months. In addition to adding new features, developers are focused on fixing bugs and improving the overall stability. According to them, this release – the most stable of all time.
- Completely redesigned to work with iPhone, iPad and iPod, including adding full support for play lists devices (however, used low-level library libgpod still do not have full support for IOS devices, 5).
- Recoding the local collection to iPod-like devices, and USB-drives.
- Free Music Chart Service is enabled by default.
- Supports skins, built-in file format Ogg and Flac.
- Making albums is available for both files to the local file system, and for the USB-drives.
- And of course, numerous bug fixes.
Amarok 2.6.0 is translated into 35 languages, and their number will increase in future releases. Fixed more than 110 bugs reported by users (40 have been identified and corrected during testing) and more than 20 new features have been implemented in this version. Total 640 bugs fixed, some of which duplicate each other.