Release of Allegro CL 9.0
by admin ·
The new version of the implementation of programming environments Common Lisp - Allegro CL 9.0.
Allegro CL ® is a dynamic object-oriented programming environment suitable for the development of complex enterprise-oriented applications. The development of such applications with billions of objects has now become even easier with the new Allegro CL 9.0. The complexity of today’s software systems and explosive growth in data volumes are widely used in all areas, from the Life Sciences (Life Sciences) and ending with the financial analysis (Financial Analytics).
Among the most significant changes in this version – full support for SMP (Symmetric Multiprocessing) on SMP-platforms:
- 32-bit Linux (x86), 64-bit Linux (x64);
- 64-bit Mac OS X 10.5;
- 32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows.
“The release of Franz ACL 9.0 is a major step forward that brought a true SMP in one of the best existing programming environments. All of our existing multi-threaded applications “just work” and are faster than ever before on the same hardware. “- Jason Cornez CTO, RavenPack International .
Among other changes:
- 820 improvements since the last release.
- Critical update to AllegroServe. Automatic compression / decompression of files, support «chunking», and new options for security, including the TLS v1.0 protocol for secure connections.
- jLinker. Improved protocol simpler API.
- Important changes in the interface of Allegro CL to Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), support for regions.
- Simplified installation for 64 bit graphics tools on the Mac.
- Method «dequeue» now includes a timeout.
- Support for data compression. See Class util.zip: deflate-stream, and similar functions.
- The new macro in-case-mode allows you to load fasl-file compiled in other modes of running the Lisp environment.
- Structures can be passed to or returned to / from foreign functions as a by-value and by reference.
- Support for different coding systems: MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA512, and RMD160.
- Many improvements to the Common Graphics and IDE for systems without SMP.