RawTherapee: the developers are looking for volunteers to improve the program
by admin ·
The blog RawTherapee, free and open source cross-platform application to process the raw-files, digital cameras, updated appeal for volunteers wishing to assist in developing the program. This is not about cash donations.
Community needs help in these areas:
Architecture and Design:
- find and eliminate memory leaks;
- complete support for XMP;
- Integration with lens distortion correction;
- assessment tools used to achieve the ability to collect RawTherapee as in GCC, as well as in VC + +;
- analysis of the evolution DAM-functionality;
- lightweight database for fast and comprehensive operations with images;
- processing architecture of the cache memory (storing only a single directory is not to scale);
- extension of integration options (export, tagging, etc.);
- smooth zooming;
- engine module;
- support for extensions.
- suppression of color shift in the tools RGB and Lab;
- Local editing;
- accelerating color management system;
- improved deconvolution methods, support for custom installations point spread function;
- soft test;
- support the expansion of the library profiles (converted to black and white, shading, etc.).
Interface and usability:
- enhanced tooltips, built-in documentation;
- viewer profiles, post-processing;
- drag & drop interface;
- tool “flat curve”;
- tool “threshold”;
- control of the operating environment.
- all published on Google Code bugs and wishes.
Documentation and PR:
- Web site development and support programs;
- test of comparison with similar programs;
- training materials to work with the program;
- translation of manuals;
- translate the program interface;
- documentation of program source code using tools like doxygen.