Minetest 0.4.1 Released
by admin ·
Minetest – it’s a sandbox game, open analogue of Minecraft.
After 9 months of the previous version (0.3) 0.4 was released (and virtually every other day – 0.4.1).
Of the innovations (also applies to the engine game and the game minetest_game):
- API, which allows to write fashion Lua (Brief documentation is in doc / lua_api.txt);
- The new generator cards, partially submitted to the lua-scripts (for example, the generation now in charge of ore is not the engine, and the modes of default);
- Added sound (using OpenAL);
- A new entity – the “game” at the moment officially supported minetest_game (for games) and minimal (for developing and testing new features);
- A new type of landscape – the desert;
- The tooltips for items in inventory;
- Stairs and semiblock (actually, you can create any unit, consisting of rectangular parallelepipeds with sides parallel to coordinate axes);
- Smooth transitions are day and night, the sun and the moon;
- Improved lighting – the light from the sky at night has a blue tint, the light from the torches gives yellow;
- New textures (for minetest_game);
- The updated menu;
- Chests and stove now also made in Lua;
- Added a system for groups of blocks, because of it, for example, now the “stone” objects can be broken only with a pick, and for the extraction of cactus will need an ax;
- Sand, gravel and sand of the desert fall under them, if there is a solid block;
- Falling of the leaves;
- Fire (next to the lava-formed);
- Support for animated textures, texture destruction of the block can now contain more than 5 frames;
- Improved equipment: new strip strength prediction of changes in inventory on the client side, easy drag and drop items, and divide into groups;
- Predicting the location a block on the client side;
- Chat console (F10);
- Displaying an empty hand;
- On the server side is carried out more anti-cheat checks;
- Thrown to the ground units are now displayed in the 3d;
- Changed generation of ore, clay, cactus, and papyrus.
No regression, unfortunately, has not done:
- Removed the jungle;
- Removed all the mobs, they will be implemented in a lua-mode.