Magic Lantern 2.3
by admin ·
Magic Lantern - an alternative firmware for SLR Canon. Originally developed to obtain more control over the process of shooting video, and today it contains a number of features and interesting photographers.
The new version brings a lot of improvements in functionality and stability. According to the developers, the project grew out of the category of “hack” and can now be considered a full-fledged professional tool. Major changes (and differences from the standard Canon’ovskoy firmware):
- fast zebras ;
- the ability to customize menus and shortcut keys;
- improved ergonomics;
- automatic plug exposure for HDR;
- powerful tool for time-lapse video : Start with a delay (up to eight hours), stop after a specified number of shots (100 to 5000), a smooth change exposure and focus while shooting;
- selection of non-standard frame rate (from 0,2 fps to 35 fps);
- expanding the range of ISO (ISO 80, ISO 50, ISO 819 200);
- adjustment of contrast and saturation for LiveView;
- tools to analyze images in the photo (zebra, histogram, waveform, spotmeter, focus peaking).
The following camera models: 5Dmk2, 50D, 60D, 500D, 550D, 600D. Work on porting to the 5D Mark III, and 650D.
In preparation for version 2.3, developers used a somewhat unusual approach to the distribution of its product: the final version is free, while access to the release candidates and final release in the first three weeks after the release is provided only to sponsors, who made a donation. Access to the new version for everyone to be opened on August 13. The source code is distributed under the GPLv3.