by admin ·
The developers of audio-video player MPlayer decided it was time for another release. After several years of release candidates, and prerelease, they claim that it was time to follow the example of other projects and deliver major versions of once a week to once a month. So version 1.0 will not be just 1.1.
Important changes and features:
- MPlayer 1.1 is compatible with FFmpeg 0.11.
- New meynteyner gmplayer (GUI for the X11) a lot of bugs fixed.
- Added support for more subtitle formats (including Blu-ray, DVB, DVB closed-caption).
- Revised-vo gl, including the withdrawal of the 10-bit video, basic (but usable) support for OpenGL ES.
- Improved support for SDL, now this mode is convenient for OSX, especially on PowerPC.
- Improved handling of network failures, MPlayer will try to restore a much stronger bond.
- Cleaning the code:
- Removed copy libfaad2, since it replaces the normal FFmpeg.
- Copy mp3lib not used by default, since it may not work correctly when you build the new compiler, and it replaces FFmpeg, libmpg123 or libmad. It is still going for regression testing, and it can be forced to turn, but then it is also removed. It is recommended that you build MPlayer with – disable-mp3lib.
- Sources are uploaded in formats tar.gz and tar.xz. The authors strongly recommend them to save bandwidth and download tar.xz .