Zotonic 0.8.0 release
by admin ·
Content Management System Zotonic updated to version 0.8.0.
This version – the last major version before the coming changes in the CSS-framework and the administrative interface.
The main changes :
- improvements in the manager module (stability at startup modules are started and stopped in the right order, etc.);
- Home of the system is aligned with the appearance of the main site, requires login to view and control;
- improved stability of compounds with PostgreSQL and improved handling timeouts when querying;
- Added support for RTL-languages (Hebrew, Arabic, etc.) for the module in the admin mod_translation. Added translation admin panel on the Spanish, Irish, Estonian and Polish;
- in mod_development added support for inotify (Linux only). This allows you to compile Erlang’ovskih files, clear the cache and compile / minimization LESS / SCSS / Coffeescript on the fly;
- master branch now uses git-submodules for the main external dependencies.
I recall that Zotonic written in Erlang and is designed for quick and easy development. argued that an order of magnitude faster than Zotonic PHP-oriented frameworks.
Features of the framework:
- high speed;
- simple user interface;
- template system that makes it easier to develop;
- support for event-driven model.
The source code is available on the project github .