Unknown Horizons 2012.1
by admin ·
The new, the first in this year’s version of the game Unknown Horizons - 2012.1.
The game is an economic strategy in real time with indirect control, like The Settlers or Caesar. The setting is based on the historical realities of the 17-18 centuries. The player leads a group of migrants: founded a small settlement on the island and seeks to develop it to a thriving city, build buildings, controls the level of taxes and sees to it that the residents were provided with everything necessary, fighting, or trading with neighboring settlements and so on. Unknown Horizons has a rather good graphics and music. It is possible to play on the network.
In the new version:
- Revised and made more user-friendly interface of the game.
- Work has begun on a system of catastrophes, fires have already appeared.
- A series of new buildings: a field of wheat, mill, bakery and post-fire. Slightly improved the appearance of several buildings.
- Saving and loading games in multiplayer.
- Built-in notification of new versions.
- A number of other less visible changes, such as bug fixes.
Unfortunately, work on the game has clearly not been completed, and on the version numbering is not clear when the developers are planning to finish. However, the issues of the Unknown Horizons is usually quite stable and it is possible to play. There is a community in multiplayer.
Game code is written mostly in Python, and the engine at the heart of it - FIFE . Game code is GPL version 2 or newer, graphics and other resources – under CC-BY-SA 3.0 Unported License . Some of the files taken from other projects that can be distributed under other licenses.