by admin ·
The new stable version Cupt – semi-formal high-level package manager in Debian and distributions derived from it.
Since the last news of version 2.2.0 the following major changes have occurred:
A command-line shell:
- The new team of iii (“install if installed”), a similar command install, but ignores the uninstalled packages.
- New filter used in repositories on the fly;
- New option - show-not-preferred to show the package, the version which is not optimal when the proposed action. Enabled by default for Renovationist commands (*-upgrade);
- New options - show-archives, – show-codenames, – show-components, – show-vendors to display the relevant details in the dialog box to preview the selected action with packages;
- Now in the dialog preview the selected action with packages by default displays a summary table of actions (“summary”). New parameters - summary-only, – no-summary;
- Support for color (optional cupt :: console :: use-colors) in the dialog preview the selected action with packages. Here’s how it looks.
C + + library:
- New option cupt :: languages :: indexes to support multiple languages, localization package descriptions at once;
- Improve style and grammar in error messages and warnings;
- Improvements in speed and as a mechanism to resolve dependencies.
Version 2.5.0 is available in Debian unstable.