Apache Cassandra 1.1 released
by admin ·
The Cassandra team is very pleased to announce the release of Apache Cassandra
version 1.1.0. Cassandra 1.1.0 is a new major release for the Apache Cassandra
distributed database. This version adds numerous improvements [1,2], amongst
- Schema updates have been reworked and conflict from concurrent updates
are now automatically resolved 
- It introduces a new major revision of the Cassandra Query Language:
CQL v3.0 , even though CQL 2.0 is still supported and the default.
- Updates within a row are now made in isolation .
- Finer-grained control over data directories placement .
- Global row and key caches for easier configuration
- And much more …
And as is the rule for some time now, rolling upgrades from previous versions
are supported, but make sure to have a look at the release notes  before
Both source and binary distributions of Cassandra 1.1.0 can be downloaded at: