A new release of Django 1.4 framework
by admin ·
With a delay of several weeks, there was a new major release of the framework for developing web applications in Python – Django 1.4. List of changes is extensive, the most interesting ones:
- Advanced support for time zone (timezone).
- Support for browser testing frameworks (eg, Selenium ).
- Templates for creating new projects.
- Improved support for WSGI.
- Support for SELECT FOR UPDATE in the ORM , which allows you to block access to reading and deleting of records, the relevant inquiry.
- Now you can store data in a user’s session cookie.
- Added a method for efficient Model.objects.bulk_create insert multiple records in the database.
- Added method QuerySet.prefetch_related, similar to the known method select_related, but that works better in some difficult situations (for example, the many-to-many, or when using GenericForeignKey).
- Improved hashing passwords. Now the algorithm PBKDF2 .
- Pages built-in admin are now HTML5 Doctype.
- Improvements admin: improved filters , added the ability to multi-sorted.
- FormWizard rewritten using class-based views.
- Added method reverse_lazy, allows you to use a reverse resolving UI op URL (django.core.urlresolvers.reverse) before loading URLConf.
- Improved support for internationalization of the URL.
- Improved debug output for errors in the templates.
- Added protection against clickjacking (disabled by default for backward compatibility).
- Improved protection against CSRF.
It should be noted that in the 1.4 release, removed support for Python 2.4, but 1.5 will release adds experimental support for Python 3, as can be read here .