by admin ·
Came third major version of the open source project cloud storage and data processing ownCloud, the number of users which exceeded 350 thousand
- “Cloud” text editing. Allows users to edit files directly from the browser as well as free access to the network. The modified files can be synchronized with the upcoming release client synchronization. The new online editor supports:
- syntax highlighting for 35 languages, programming
- automatic indentation
While you can edit only plain text files. Support more advanced formats such as ODT and doc (x) is planned for future releases.
- Gallery, which helps you view and organize photos. For downloadable images are automatically created albums.
- Based on a document viewer pdf.js PDF.
- Innovations PIM:
- A new, more user-friendly interface for the calendar
- Support for repeating events
- Automatic detection of timezone
- Thumbnails of images in your address book contacts
- Export address book in one file. Vcf
- Add, edit, and delete address books directly from your browser
- Supports installation of third-party applications and add-ons directly from the central repository of addons ownCloud from the administrator interface
- Support for the “external” applications that can be used to integrate with external collaboration or e-mail services with an interface ownCloud. The community also has improved integration with LDAP ownCloud and Active Directory.
- Now much easier to administer and install ownCloud, as the new logging system allows you to monitor and debugging easier and more convenient.
In addition to these innovations, the project also allows you to:
- Access to files via WebDAV
- View, manage and synchronize contacts, calendar, notes and bookmarks
- Sharing and flexible management of rights
- Simple and powerful API