Apache Hadoop 1.0
by admin ·
Apache Software Foundation anonisiroval release Hadoop 1.0 – a popular platform for processing large volumes of data.
Apache Hadoop is widely used in Amazon, AOL, Apple, eBay, Facebook, foursquare, HP, LinkedIn, Netflix, The New York Times, Rackspace, Twitter, Yahoo and other companies.
Version 1.0 includes:
- DBMS support Hbase – added functions to sync and flush, are required to support the transaction log
- Kerberos-based authentication
- Webhdfs – simple HTTP REST interface to a distributed file system, Hadoop (HDFS)
- Various optimizations and other improvements
- All functions Hadoop 0.20.205