First official release of Ceylon language
by admin ·
Presented by the 1st official release language Ceylon M1 “Newton”. Ceylon – it’s JVM-language for writing business applications and developed by RedHat. The release includes a compiler, documentation for the compiler and the runtime language module.
- JVM primitive types are simple classes in Ceylon;
- inference and conclusion of the argument types Based on an analysis of the main types;
- simplified definition of the classes: removed the getters, setters and designers;
- optional parameters with default values;
- Named arguments and “object builder” syntax;
- types of intersections (intersection types), types of association (union types) and fundamental types (bottom types);
- static checking null-values, and empty sequences;
- covariance and contravariance in the declarations instead of wildcard types;
- more elegant syntax for type constraints (type constraints);
- top-level function, and a declaration of values instead of the static members of nested functions;
- immutabelnost by default.
Opportunities that will be implemented in future releases:
- higher-order functions;
- algebraic data types, enumerated types, switch / case;
- improvement for this class (member class refinement);
- konkretiziruemye generics (reified generics);
- user-defined annotations and type-safe meta-model.