Blender 2.61 Released
by admin ·
The release of a free three-dimensional graphics editor for the number 2.61. Although the version number changed only one, very minor, a figure that many innovations that have a proprietary analog of this would have been the reason for the change of two or three major releases. These innovations are the result of the introduction to the main code branch Tomato, developed within the framework of GSoC 2011. Actually, what’s new:
- A completely new rendering engine Cycles (in use of Russian-speaking community Blender – Susleg) based on the nodes. Despite the fact that he is at an early stage of development, its capabilities already exceed those of the current engine (still available for use both). Among these features full global illumination, rendering the preview in real-time 3D-rendering window and the GPU. Example output rendering can be seen here .
- Motion tracking (motion tracking) – tracking the movement of the camera and objects in the footage (the so-called footage) for a harmonious and accurate implementation of a three-dimensional scenes and objects. In this regard, as amended, and composite video editor node.
- Dynamic paint (dynamic drawing) – fizcheskaya simulation, transforming objects in webs or paintbrush. This allows you to create effects such as footprints in the snow drops, wetting asphalt, brush, paint inflicting on the surface, etc.
- Ocean sim (simulation of the ocean) – complex modifier, is a marine / ocean surface.
- Light cosmetic interface changes, new additions, many bug fixes.