FOSS 2010 where open source meets academia
by admin ·
The FOSS Open Source Conference 2010 Where Academia Meets will be held on 8,9 and 10 November 2010 in Grenoble (France), the EMSI premises.
The second edition of the days FOSS Free Open Source Software for Academia is co-organized by INRIA, Engineering Group, Eclipse, IRILL, Fraunhofer Fokus, Feather, and EMSI QualiPSo Grenoble (Grenoble Ecole de Management). This event is sponsored by HP Open Source and Linux Magazine Division.
The first edition of this event had set the task of presenting useful information on models of open source in general. The objective of the 2010 edition is to reaffirm the fundamental values of free software and beyond, with the emergence of open source mail.
The key points are:
- Development, innovation and research: the base of free software;
- The animation community and development: revitalize the Free Software Foundation;
- The public sector: the free software to democratize public services and citizens;
- Education: look to the future;
- Workshops to share together our knowledge of the free.
With the unexpected success of the first edition, 2010 FOSS benefits from the presence of European policy makers and major players in the free software like Apache, Arduino, Debian, Eclipse, GNOME, Red Hat, Ubuntu, FossBazaar HP but also and especially many academics who teach, produce and use free software. Most of the presentations, discussions and workshops will be conducted in English. The days are open to all FOSS.